Intershop Communications, Inc. is the leading independent provider of omni-channel commerce solutions. Intershop offers high-performance packaged software for internet sales, complemented by all necessary services. Intershop also acts as a business process outsourcing provider, covering all aspects of online retailing up to fulfillment. Around the globe more than 300 enterprise customers, including HP, BMW, Bosch, and Deutsche Telekom run Intershop solutions. Intershop is headquartered in Jena, Germany, and has offices in the United States, Europe, Australia, and China.
Director of Solutions (m/f/d)ID: 251
Primary Job Responsibilities:The Director of Solutions is responsible for representation of Intershop software and Intershop-built solutions to customers, partners, and analysts in the best light possible for the purpose of accelerating market awareness, closing business, and keeping customers engaged.
The incumbent will partner with Sales, Marketing, and Consulting to support their business objectives. This position is a player-coach position where the individual will be directly involved with Sales opportunities and be responsible for the technical closure part of the deal. Following the direction of Account Executives and Account Managers, the incumbent will execute workshops, proof of concepts, competitive positioning, and solution architecture to win business. They will build relationships with key business and technical people within new opportunities and existing accounts and collaborate with Sales, Support, and Professional services to grow and sustain our business.
The incumbent must possess a deep understanding of Intershop, partner technologies, and the partner ecosystem. They will engage with Product Management and Corporate Marketing to guide the roadmap based on customer requirements. Additionally, they will be responsible for educating the entire team about the product roadmap, important industry trends, and competitive intelligence.
As a key member of our sales team, responsibilities will be broad and varied:
- Development and management of technical relationships within prospects, accounts and analysts
- Development of Industry-focused solutions comprised of Intershop technology, partner technology, and professional services around identified opportunities
- Interfacing, engaging and directing HQ resources to develop solutions for customers, partners, and analysts
- Managing and mentoring talent to deeply understand Intershop technology and its applications for customers, partners, and the industry
- Working with the Managing Director and Sales to develop presales methodologies and execution plans
- Directing proof of concepts at customers for winning business against competitors
- Management of technical and solutions aspects of RFP’s received from customers
- Presentation of technical concepts to non-technical users for the purpose of explaining how Intershop can solve their business problems
- Occasional billable work with Professional Services as a subject matter expert
- Travel is expected to be high
- 12+ years of Technology Experience including programming, professional services delivery, and architecture development
- 7 years of pre-sales experience
- 5 years of Analyst interfacing and experience
- 2 years of product management experience
- 15 years of eCommerce industry experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to partner with peers within an organization to achieve business objectives
- Education: B.Sc. of Computer Science. M. Sc. Preferred
Interested in this position? If you enjoy being part of a committed team and want to work in an open corporate culture, contact us today! Please submit your application (cover letter, resume, testimonials, certificates, salary expectation, possible start date) by e-mail or mail.
Intershop Communications AG
461 2nd Street, #151
San Francisco, CA 94107
Phone: (415) 844-1500
Fax: (415) 844-3800