Intershop is a leading independent provider of innovative omni-channel solutions. We offers high-performance packaged software for internet sales, complemented by all necessary services. Intershop also acts as a business process outsourcing provider, covering all aspects of online retailing up to fulfillment. Intershop has a strong track record of innovation and enabling successful online business. More than 300 enterprise and mid-sized customers, including HP, BMW, Würth, Intersport, Red Wings, Merck and Deutsche Telekom around the globe rely on Intershop solutions. Intershop is headquartered in Jena, Germany, and has offices in the United States, Europe, Australia, and China.
For our new team in Sofia, we are looking for a
(Senior) Software Engineer – Search (m/f/d)
You are especially talented Software Developer with the ability and desire to work on challenging projects that require you to constantly master new skills and technologies. As a Software Developer for Search, with your excellent problem solving, communication and time management skills, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of our Intershop 7 software application using Lucene, Solr and/or Elastic Search.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Drive the development of our eCommerce search solution based on Apache Solr
- Work on challenging problems in areas such as data storage, distributed search environments, query optimization and indexing performance optimization
- Design Index structures to support complex search requirements in the B2B E-Commerce space
- Use AI and Machine Learning technologies to improve search result relevance and gain insight into search behavior of customers
- Work in cooperation with your product owner and scrum master in an Agile environment
- Implement integrations with external systems
- Production of technical specification and documentation and ensure project documents are complete and current
- Coaching of (junior) software engineers
- Chance of participation and clarifying a client's projects and system specifications, understanding their work practices to enable their digital transformation
The general skill set we strive for:
- BS or MS degree in computer science
- 3+ years experience in software development
- Java 8+
- Multithreaded programming, performance analysis
- Concurrency, distributed systems and load balancing techniques
- SQL and relational database technology (Oracle, MS SQL)
- RESTful web services (Jersey, Jackson)
- Knowledge in AngularJS or similar
- Git, SVN
- Team player, strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills, excellent command of English
It would be great if you have competence in:
- MS Azure and related MS cloud products
- Geb and Spock
- Gradle, Maven, Eclipse and Continuous Integration
If you have experience with other programming languages (C++, C#, etc.) and technologies and want to switch to Java and its ecosystem, you are welcome, too!
Intershop will offer to you:
- Competitive salary
- Additional health insurance
- Bonus program
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility for partial remote work
- 25 days paid vacation per year
- An efficient team with an agile mindset
- An independent work environment with dynamic workflows
- Fast communication and decision-making through flat hierarchies in an agile organization
- Very good development opportunities and support for further education
- Great office with excellent location
- Career growth opportunities
- Certification Programs
- Training and business trips abroad
- Small and young team with great atmosphere and Dev2Dev relationships
You are interested?
If you enjoy being part of a committed team and want to work in an open corporate culture, please submit your actual application CV in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applications will be strictly confidential.
Intershop Communications AG
+35 924 890 932